Thursday, February 24, 2005

Before the Waiting was Over


Both were a dream—writing a book and getting married to the right man. Both came true. But not until after I learned valuable lessons which I will carry with me for as long as I am walking this side of eternity.

This is not a book of do’s and don’ts. What you have in your hands is simply a sharing of my experiences as a sojourner through life and love. This is an intimate section in my life’s journal wherein I risked speaking my mind and baring my heart, sharing with you deep thoughts and intimate secrets.

I have read volumes on love, listened to a lot of sermons on obeying God’s will, and attended countless seminars on love, courtship, and marriage. I have come to conclude that God gives us pointers on how to please Him in our love life but it is our decision to bring it under the lordship of Christ. It is ultimately our choice to be joyful in our God-designed romance or to be miserable in our self-appointed entanglements.

This journey taught me that there are no hard and fast formulas. Each love story is unique. God can write our love story if we let Him. We may dream and He may grant it to the detail but He may also choose to give you something far beyond what you could ever ask or imagine. Indeed, mine is a love story written in heaven, lived and enjoyed on earth. Thus, I feel it is more appropriate to call what you are about to read in this book a “faith story.”

It is my prayer that my “faith story” will give the lonely heart a reason to smile, the downcast soul strength to look up, the hopeless wanderer a shade to rest in, and the lost lover a place to belong.

Grace Gaston-Dousel
June 2004

6 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hallo ulit! nice color scheme! kudos ba to misha? :)

 
At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Grace! Ikaw ba yung nasa cover? Wow, author na, cover girl pa :-)
Would love to read your book.

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Abbie said...

Congratulations!
Looking forward to reading it.

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger ~*lilacstardust*~ said...

congratulations on your book and your marriage :)

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Joyce Yoingco Garcia said...

hi ms. grace..Ü im Joyz from Faith Christian Fellowship (the girl in the purple dress)..remember the Faces of Love Feb25th? yah..i wasnt able to buy a copy of your book coz i was out of cash that time..but i was thinking of having one from you..you know with your signature on it...im wondering how i can have a copy...is Ptr. Melvin a possible way?? thanks..my email: zeil012@yahoo.com..my blog: meileeh.blogspot.com
thanks..God bless!

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger grace gaston-dousel said...

thanks ladies for your thoughts. for the curious, yes, that's me on the cover. didn't like the idea to be a cover girl...but i guess God had better plans :-) my gown was a crochet masterpiece of my mom!!! make sure you ladies get a copy of the book, k?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home