Saturday, October 15, 2005

The Best Thing About Being Single

When I was single I discovered a lot of things about myself, about life, about love. Let me share the best discovery I've made:

Perhaps the best thing I discovered as a single was my purpose in life. Rick Warren says that we must turn to God's Word and not the world's wisdom to discover this purpose. I learned to do just that. I started to value myself deeply and the l ife I had been given. I also learned to appreciate what the Bible says about my life, "It's in Christ that we find o ut who we are and what we are living for. Long before we first heard of Christ and got our hopes up, he had his eye on us, had designs on us for glorious living, part of the overall purpose he is working out in everything and everyone." What excites me is that our lives are not isolated from each other. We do not live solely for ourselves. Each of our lives is a part of a bigger whole and aimed toward achieving a bigger purpose. We are all connected to each other, somehow, and if we all live out our purposes in life, then God is glorified. (from True Love Weds, p. 23)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home