Monday, April 25, 2005

Pinoy 'To!

Yesterday, we attended a church in Quezon City. My husband, Mang, preached in the worship service. I was so content with my role as a supportive wife and a loving mother (who stayed in the nursery with Lian Ed the whole time) that day. As I went out of the church to get something to drink in the nearby canteen, a young lady ran after me and said, "Excuse me, I read your book." I almost asked, "What book?" as I had forgotten that I am an author because I was engrossed with my domesticated role that day. Before I could respond, the pretty young lass just went on to say how much she liked it. "I have read I Kissed Dating Goodbye by Joshua Harris and I liked it. But I am sooo happy that finally I have read something set here in the Philippines! There's hardly anything written about us and something that I can really relate to! Finally, there's one! Thank you!" I was dumbfounded. I guess it's one of my proud-to-be-pinoy moments. Yes, that's just what my book True Love Weds is--proudly, Philippine-made! Praise God!

2 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH! i found you mommy grace!


di ko alam ikaw pala ang author ng true love weds Ü kamusta na? at blogger ka na! ang saya naman ;p

(where can i get a copy of the book? meron ba nyan sa OMF? may malapit na OMF kasi samin eh Ü)

aymisssyoooooooooo ;p

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger theonlyromeo said...

True Love Weds... hmmm... I heard of this book just now, and the mere title interests me. I am also a Filipino, and it excites me that something on this topic is written for and by a Filipino. I've read the two books by Joshua Harris, but none of them (in all honesty--not just being ethnocentric) actually relates to our culture.

My personal testimony somewhat relates to the ideas of "true love waits," and "true love weds," and it is also my personal mission that people learn from my experiences--including my mistakes. I would love to read your book to listen to your ideas.

Let me get a copy of your book first, and I'll get back to you. As of now, I would just like to encourage you that your book is something that, I think, is vital to the spirituality and practical godliness of the Filipino. Thank you for writing it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home