Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Ode to Joy

Ode to Joy (My Editor)

Joy,
indeed you are
for you brought immeasurable joy
when you hewn
the words on the tablet of my heart
when you broke
my will to give up
when you pounded
the rock of my pride to powder
when you squeezed out
the juice that’s left in my brain
when you drained
my memory of the past
to pour into a cistern
a book.

Joy,
you are a true friend
one who hurts truthfully
and loves passionately
a friend in life
a fiend in writing
a friend nonetheless.

Joy,
that’s what you are
never lose it
there are more cisterns
to fill.

Copyright 2005 Grace Gaston-Dousel

1 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger kapihan sa kanto said...

cute ng title! i remember CS Lewis did something like this din ata, Joy din ang pinag-alayan niya (his wife). i'm not sure. i think it's Surprised by Joy naman, their love story i think. ano ba yan, ang gulo ng references ko :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home