Monday, March 07, 2005

Wings (My Husband's Poem)

Let these our hearts be given a chance to gaze about
...perhaps there might be a better half of wing to match
so that high above we soar
as high above we soar
as high as any wings can take
and even higher where the right pair of wings'd take...
if per chance Destiny pairs us
together our wings will take the two become one
together we flap in unison
then we soar beyond wings can take
to horizons far beyond
under the shadow of His wings
till death do us part...

Mang, my husband, wrote this poem with me in his mind at a time when we weren't even romantically involved. Apparently, without the other knowing it, Mang and I had been praying and asking God if He was leading us to each other. There's an interesting story behind this poem. Read about it in my book, True Love Weds: When the Waiting is Over, available at any Power Books, National Bookstore and Philippine Christian Bookstore branches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home